Monday, September 17, 2007

The True Princess

The True Princess

Shoot me for being ignorant of whats happening to my own homeland’s social what-abouts.

Im more now into TMZ.com and US magazine ( Popular Showbiz mag for the US entertainment world)

Though through my mother buying Abante and tempo and the flicks of watching Saksi and Startalk I can get now and then Tidbits of showbiz news.

One Lazy Saturday afternoon my uncle clicked on Channel 2 to see Toni Gonzaga with some guy (he’s sort of a director) clearing up issues about Camille Pratts Pregnancy


I was like WHAT? Youre Joking right?

So for the first time in ages I actually sat down and watched the whole segment and the google the rest of the information. Seems like I was way behind on the showbiz news.

I didn’t even know Richard Gutierrez did a remake of Lupin and there’s the Marimar remake as well.


Then I noticed that She (Camille ) had a multiply account. I have a multiply account I said to myself.

I decided to see if hers was valid and not some fan site made by another actor/tress wannabe. Hers seems very legit plus backed it up with pictures of her and her family that makes her more like any other day next door Filipina.

She looks soo young for a 22 year old.

My memories of her were still intact of her Princess Sarah Days indeed. Soley because that movie was worthy of a Disneyland like fairytale. And I was a Fairy tale enthusiast and a vivid


I decided to do something really stupid, crazy and yet downright sincere. I sent her a message.

What did I say?

I said something REALLY CHEESY. Something that made me bury my head under the couch seat.

Something like.

If you need a friend its ok to talk to a stranger like me.

A letter that I think she may or may not read and just forget

Well after like 30 hours later of me being buried in my usual self. Making sure my Boss is not going crazy at his work ( I swear I act like Im his boss sometimes)

I took my 5 min break to check my email

And there in 3 lines, she said the sweetest reply of appreciation.

I have to admit she is the very first actress I ever contacted.

Im not fan crazy as most people would be. I was classmates with the likes of Billy Joe Crawford, the late Rico Yan, Ryan and Goeffrey Eigelmann, celebrities were like a normal day at school for me.

But her reply was just simple. Thanking for the support. That made me smile and admire her more

And I though to myself, see this is a true Princess or better yet a true role model actress. Not your everyday Nicole and Paris Hilton that snubs fan mail or good advice.

And if you read her blog, she is HAPPY with motherhood. She has a goal, she still has her head straight and didn’t deny her pregnancy as most common actors would.

I guess that way she IS still a role model.

Actors are human too, regardless of the responsibilities and type of person they have to be in public, like most of us, they have to face the challenge of working, falling in love, having a heart broken, trying new things, failing, succeeding, making HUGE mistakes

Learning from them and turning it to a source of renewed strength

Hahaha Im no famous actress but in a way I feel the pressure as well just by being a moderator with soo much expectation of Ragnarok Online players ( who basically dictates to you what to do)

Hahaha but that’s another Blog story

1 comment:

R said...

I've never heard of an actress happy of their young pregnancy. Idol yan!