Saturday, April 21, 2007

Sadness and Tradegy

Saddened and Disturbed

I decided to post 2 blogs today that are not slightly related to Ragnaboards

1 In memorial of the tragedy in Virginia Tech and another about some good things.

Today in the news the long silence of the family child/brother who’s responsible for the Virginia Tech shooting, Seung-Hui Cho has finally found its voice.

They are very sorry for his actions as stated in the news, and imagine the struggles they will face against a very shocked world…the fear of hate crimes and discrimination yet they decided to stay their hold and give a modest and brief speech, something that they can only do.

After all, they did lose a family member themselves.

News link for that can be found at http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070421/ap_on_re_us/virginia_tech_shooting

Now this issue has finally reached the Ragnaboards. Its started with a curious forumers inquiry of the issue and later a small debate that maybe in the long run can cause major arguments, ensued.

Especially in this one Statement

I’m really not the type to nitpick on posters but after reading the blog he posted as well, I cant deny but feel shockingly nostalgic of my teaching days.

I had this grade 6 student. Typical pilyo kid, bully of sorts actually but he had a very fierce temper. I cant forget the time he picked up one of the library chairs to hit a female classmate who was slightly mute ( or chooses to be mute)

He hit me instead. There was rage in his eyes. He was only 13. He felt no remorse, declined to apologize even when infront of school officials.

Fast forward to college, I had a friend, we was very depressed one time in my dorm I remember him gripping a knife behind me. All I can remember was to stay calm.

In highschool I had a classmate who would cuss at anyone who would look at him

And in middle school a female classmate who strangled me. All reasoning left her mind.

Sometimes I would admit with all the horrors in life I saw and experience, I know that I will have a breaking point. The fact I am aware of it makes me have more will power to live my best as much as I could.

I read the “ rabbits” blog. I wanted to see the light that he was trying to blame the society that shunned supposedly Cho. However maybe because the lack of news reaching the Philippines and such. But his wording seemed to patronized his actions more than sympatize the victims.

I feel sorry for both, for him, Cho and the deaths of those 32 kids.

Their families who would never hear their children’s call or see them on their time off. Teachers who could have weaned more promising students who will never give that acknowledging lesson.

All we have now of them are memories.

1 comment:

Reginald said...

I was shocked when I heard the new over the radio. What kind of person would go on a rampage inside a school?
If it were 8 years ago, I would have simply classified it as the work of the devil. But having gone through periods of extreme violent tendencies, I'd say it was from a mental disorder coupled with lack of self control.
It kinda scares me that I may encounter people who could turn out like him when I begin my teaching career.