Sunday, May 6, 2007

Guild Wars and other URDR issues ( No not the Guild wars game)

What a Day I had today

It started with my usual round in the Ragnaboards of checking my report list then doing the sanction of offenders when it came to this one report of a old war between the URDR guilds Gungir and ArchAngels which is now at present a war between 2 people from the guilds


After getting a report about an old time RB offender who seems to be at his old tricks again

http://ragnaboards.levelupgames.ph/index.php?act=ST&f=76&t=35052&st=10&#entry650974


I decided enough was enough.

Not wanting to close those 2 guild threads again due to the fact that there are people who are not directly involved in these issues I went ahead and spoke to the GM’s of the respective guild.

I guess I did the right thing. Looks like that its not anymore bad blood between the 2 guilds but more about a long fight about 2 individuals from the said guilds

The Guild founders were very nice enough to cooperate in discussing the matter with their respected members in fact one even gave me the permission give the proper sanction if the problem persists. They just wanted to make sure their whole guild was never involved in the issue since this was really much of a personal dispute between the two. In anycase given URDRs rep as being a rowdy server even in the boards it was nice to know that their representatives were very civil, polite and cooperative.


I spoke the longest with the Gungir peeps. A YM conference ensued with Mr. Rick joining in. I had to reprimand him of course that even though Mr. Juyers post seemed inappropriate his posts to ass well were equally as bad.

I told them with the advent of WRC coming having this bad blood wont do them good reputation wise and better they ignore anykind of flame and just report the issue to the mods rather than joining in the fight.

I told them a YM conference with the Guild founders stating rules and agreement that will clear the Guilds name (unless the majority of the guild causes a bad issue) of being involved on personal disputes of their members along with a promise to trying at least to speak to them about promoting goodwill and peace to one another.


This type of maturity is RARE nowadays, yet I was very pleased to the cooperation they gave in and the time they did. A lot of reflection was given on how they should present themselves as role models of their servers. Hopefully in the future other Guilds and servers will follow suit.


If any of the URDRIANS read this I would like to thank you for your time speaking with me and hopefully this issue will iron out soon.

No comments: