Monday, November 5, 2007

New Sight and Halloween Hiatus

Sight and Halloween Hiatus

The few days before LU Live was quite a hype. There were a few of those in my other job as a Ragnaboards Moderator that know my YM to contact me in case of emergency.

In this case it was people asking me the final details for LU Live. Or how to get there.

I laughed ( at myself really) I felt that I was the worst person they could ask.

I am very dependent on a carpool or a driver, and in some cases Taxi.

However with the LU Live free bus and some moral support from the forums I was able to pass some good info.

On a bad note my immune system crashed last week. My cold had gone up to a fever and my headaches and near fainting spells were increasing.

So come Friday I decided to leave my Mod duties for some needed R & R. Or so I thought.

Friday Night I came home at 11:30 Pm after a good male friend of mine asked me out ( not exactly a date) to shower me with his love woes, he and his beau had some sort of cool off. Him being a Phil-am having a relationship with a pure grown Pinay, he is not used to the meaning of MU or rather “ parang kayo na hindi” . Asking me through my past or relative experiences why she wanted a time off for a week.

Saturday I went to the doctor. Eye doctor to be exact. My sight was getting worse and I know my current glasses weren’t working for me anymore. At least I wanted a prescription for my eyes.


As expected my eyesight had gotten worse. Worse in the sense that it jumped from a 200 grade to 450. And my glasses were 150-200 grade.

No wonder I was getting faint spells lately. They fitted me for contacts. My eyes were tob be dilated.

I said NO WAY. Last time my doctor did that my eyes were like saucers, It felt like I had glass for eyes and my doc kept poking this light stick at my eye.


So instead they tested it by PUFFING my eyes with air.

This was no regular air blowing. They told me to look at the green light in this lil tunnel. The tunnel was some sort of blowdart that shoot arrow sharp PUFFS of air straight to your eye.

Two puffs each.

And its not very me to do this but when I had the first puff I went

What the $!@@@!!

My new lens wont be ready for a while so the first time since my 17th year I wore contacts. The newes tversion of Hydroclear. It was easier this time to put on. I have very dry eyes, not to mention I am sensitive to a lot of eye medication, to my surprise it was easy to use.

However my usual habit ( after 10 years of wearing glasses) of pushing my glasses up my nose was hard to break, I still feel the imaginary weight of my rims on the bridge of my nose.

Then the fever really hasn’t gone away. Terri and I a friend of mine haven’t seen each other over the week invited me to a little girl time, malling. Then later on lassoed me in helping out with Sunday school at church. I was a former gradeschool teacher, so she needed some extra hands for the after service of watching the lil-rascals till their parents came to pick them up.

However, Monday came too fast. I missed the whole LU Live ( I wouldn’t survive though through the madness with my bad eyesight) and was still to this day tending a head cold (nalamigan ang ulo).

But its back to work work work….. I seriously need a REAL R & R.

1 comment:

Grey Colored Glasses said...

Since I'm a guy, I'll make this "wala yan sa lolo ko" comment: I wish I had 450 grade. At least I don't have to be 6 inches away from people to recognize their faces. :D

Seriously, I use disposable contact lenses when I play sports and little else. If I didn't need peripheral vision, I'd wear my prescription sports goggles. I always felt that contact lenses were a drag. :)

Get well soon! :)