Monday, July 28, 2008

Comic Con 2008 and a LOT of good luck


What a weekend I had


I was kinda down and out on luck. My budget was really getting strained and it was 3am in the morning on the 23rd of July.

I was trying to make a deadline for this SDSU ( San Diego State University) Teen Camp seminar on Video Games. I was to talk about Work Ethics. To top that I had to again refuse a position from a video game test company due to the fact the location was REALLY FAR.

So there I was trying to revive most of my Power Point skills. I was at the end of my 7 page template on Do’s and Don’ts when working in a gaming company, importance of customer service, blah blah blah…all the important stuff. I was really in a bad mood. Budget down, I left being an RB Mod. I posted too that very risky article about how disappointed I was with the RB Mod Management.


The friend I had also was gloating the whole week about how she got Comic Con Tickets. Just so you know, Comic Con is one of the biggest pop culture and media convention. Big stars from film, comic and movie industry would go there and mingle with fans. This year they had Heroes as usual, people from the Iron Man movie, Kim Kardashi, Stan Lee, Keanu Reeves and many more. If you did not pre register yourself for the tickets, the tickets itself for the Saturday event would sell up to 200$ from its original 60$ value. Of course the fact she can go and I would be stuck at home made me extra miserable as is.


I then got a call from my ex. He’s here in California. I dated him during the time I was in Sony Playstation well actually after I left Sony then went back to work with them again hahaha. He had a free ticket to Comic Con on the Most Wanted day event. The Saturday event. But being stoned I was from staring at the laptop monitor for the last 5 hours, the realization of what LUCK I got didn’t hit me till the next morning.


The Gaming seminar followed smoothly. I spoke to some highschool kids. They were a quiet bunch. The topic should be boring but surprisingly, a lot participated in the discussion. I was happy about that. To top it off I got to speak with David Hernandez, a game animator who was the head of the Video Game camp. He was cuuuuuuttttteee. We got to speak about the Thor Movie and the new Xmen Origins and Comic Con.


The next day, I got a call from a company that I had previously interviewed for. I was put in conference call. This interviewed took WEEEKS before they got back to me on anything, I went through a lot with the final interview after being dissected by their company VP. In the end they made me a lucrative offer. I was sobbing on the phone. Miffling it really. What LUCK I am having. All I could think was, I have to get to church. I needed to pray. In addition, my weight has been going down constantly due to my Cardio. Im sooooo happy.


It was Pasalamat at our church. I was able to get to our Local at the right time. My friend James drove me there. He spent the night at the boarding house Im staying to save gas. At church, I was sobbing during the prayer. It was a tough year. And this was the first sign of good stuff that happened to me. However, my good luck meant bad for my friend who originally got Comic Con passes. Her own contact never came through for her, you can imagine how PISSED she was at me when I told her I finally had tickets. At that time I assumed she had hers and wanted to go together with her


It did not end there. I got to attend a Bridal Convention too. The entrance fee was really cheap. And I went there for the free cake tasting. I won a contest for a free banquet room at a local water hole. I still need to think HOW to use it.


Roll in Comic Con which I attended 2 days ago. I had to wait for Daniel to give out my pass. When he did, he wanted us to walk 3 blocks to the parking lot which I was swearing like mad because I was getting trampled by the cosplayers on our way. He then treated me to a REALLY posh Hotel Restaurant…man was I intimidated.


Then we finally headed off to the
Comic Con convention area. On our way there I didn’t know I bumped into Seth Green and guys from Adult swim. I was sooooooo annoyed that I wasn’t able to get a picture. But once we reached the main halls, the first place I jumped into was the Square Enix Booth. One guy wanted me to buy Aeriths Mana necklace…wahhh no budget yet. Then off to DC. Where I got a cool piture with the Batman team. I was really shy. But my eyes were locked on to Robin. He was cute. I said I wanted to take a picture with him. To his reply “ IT’S ABOUT TIME!!!”


It was really funny since if you see the pic all the rest of the DC crew were staring at him as he had my arms wrapped around him. My ex was pretty annoyed too. Dragging me out of the DC Booth. He blamed the flower on my head. He’s half Hawaiian, so I wore the flower on the side of my head that says Single…after that I REALLY got good pictures. ( Sorry Goenitz huhuhu)

I did pass by the Capcom section and bought my dear Goenitz a limited edition Capcon Hologram comic


My luck didn’t ended there. Remember that article I made? I never thought anyone would take notice. An RBer actually made a topic about it. I gained some good comments but I did had to clear some issues, just to make sure I don’t have animosity towards some of my ex managers. The article was deleted but I felt happy and really grateful on some of the supportive comments they gave me.

Its been a good week so far. And God is good. Bad things happened too, but that’s another story for now

1 comment:

Grey Colored Glasses said...

OMG! Who's that cute girl with her arms around Robin? More pics, please! ;-)